Saturday, February 13, 2010

Who is in Control?...


For Christ's Love Controls Us... 2 Corinthians 5:14

I want people to love me for who I am, not because what they want me to be, and not because of what I do or don’t do. I believe many people struggle with acceptance just as I do. Many of us rebel, not because we want to be disliked, but because we want to see who can really love us past what is humanly possible, past our flaws, past our failures. Who can love us with an unnatural but highly sought after love. To be more specific, agape love. A love outside of conditions. A love deeper than the surface. A love that requires us to tether our hearts to God’s Holy Spirit just so that we can express it. Have you tasted this love? I believe when we truly understand and experience this love, we can do nothing else but pour it out to everyone we meet because its like an overflowing well of living water. The most amazing part about agape love is that we can’t do anything to gain His love. Likewise, we can do nothing to lose His love. He loves us as we are. This divine revelation constantly soothes my soul, captures my heart, and takes my fears away. His perfect love has cast out my fear. Pray that I can remember His love for me always. And live in this love. And speak in this love. And dream in this love. Love with His love.

No comments: