Thursday, November 19, 2009

Praise Report 11/19/09

Exciting Day.

I was in the Library all day getting administration done and A student, Elijah came by to hang out. I was really busy so I wasn't really talking to him, he was just sitting next to me for about 20 minutes. Then he opened his journal and started writing. I looked over and was curious what he was writing so I asked him, then he handed it to me. It was a page full of question. all centered around why he isn't getting the things, or have the life that he wants. I told Elijah is seemed like he was really saying " I just want to be happy". So I stopped what I was doing and started talking about how if we look to things in this world to make us happy, are hearts will always be tugged back and forth because everything that we have will one day pass away. Then I had him read

Mathew 6:19 - 21   19"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.


We talked about where out treasure is our heart is also. I asked him where was his heart. WE both new it was tethered to the world. So I explained to him that Only God can satisfy his hearts desires and truly make him content. Then I had him read

Philippians 4:12 - 12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

The secret to being content is giving God our hearts.

After more verses and more discussion. I got to share the bridge with Elijah and he said he wanted to be saved, I was so EXCITED!! WE got to pray together.

No comments: